January 23, 2008

.another addition to my soon-to-be-best-seller book.

Sheena said I should start documenting all the random relationship "advises" I blurt out at random times.
Cuz she said,
According to Sherman,
Thats how people get rich.

You jot down all the good lines,
Chuck them into a book,
and vioLa!!
You've got yourself another top seller!
(ie: the infamous 'He's just not that Into You' book)

Anyway...
I think I've built the hype up a bit too much.
Suddenly I feel the line I was intending to jot down doesn't sound that great anymore.
haHaa... maybe thats how a famous book writer should feel??
HAHA... Im getting way ahead of myself.

So yea,
What I was gonna say is...
Despite always telling my unavailable girlfriends that they deserve better;

To My Friends Who Are Attached

If you're already in a relationship that you have invested your heart in,
It is important not to actively seek another person whom you may think/hope/imagine is better than what you currently have,
Otherwise, you'd never be satisfied.

It is common to feel that 'you wanna see more of the world'...
But very importantly,
You should always couple that thought with a reminder that you are seeing the world NOT for the purpose of wanting to meet someone better than your present love.

Then again,
Sometimes it happens.
But!!
If it does,
It really all comes down to your initial intention.

Did it really just happen?
Or was this what you were hoping for/working towards/expecting all along?

Cuz really,
One reason why I often move on from one relationship to another is because I have always been actively looking for someone better.
And despite the fact that everyone would want better things,
and everyone thinks they deserves to have better if they can,
Thats wrong.

Thats a bloody effin' wrong relationship-mentality.

And really,
If a guy tells you the above...
I can assure you that his intention is NOT to state the obvious human want,
(to always seek for better things/improve what you have)
He's really saying,
"YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND I THINK I DESERVE BETTER THAN YOU."

And really,
Which respectable woman would wanna be with a guy who thinks that?
Our self esteem doesn't deserve such trashing.

1 comment:

Wyn said...

that was seriously a good book. lol *praise Liz&Greg*