November 1, 2009

.think of me.

officially ONE MONTH since he left.

i think i've found a song that is now the official song for my thoughts when i think of him... its david archuleta's version of "think of me" - made famous by the movie phantom of the opera.

listening to it makes my knees buckle, eyes water and have a heavy 'something' weighing upon my heart.

i read an article recently about losing someone you love. she wrote, "i wasn't afraid to cry every day. i wasn't going to pretend everything was okay because it wasn't, because i knew someday reality will catch up with me." - reading that got me worried...

because all this time, i havent been too upfront with myself. i havent allowed the tears to come as freely as i probably should... and now i'm left wondering what will become of me when it finally does.

you'll probably read about it soon enough. my apologies in advance. but till then -


Think of me, think of me fondly
when we've said goodbye
Remember me once in a while
please promise me you'll try

When you find that, once again, you long
to take your heart back and be free
if you ever find a moment
spare a thought for me

We never said our love was evergreen
or as unchanging as the sea
but if you can still remember
stop and think of me

Think of all the things
we've shared and seen
don't think about the things
which might have been

Think of me, think of me waking,
silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying too hard
to put you from my mind.

Recall those days
look back on all those times,
think of the things we'll never do
there will never be a day,
when I won't think of you

Flowers fades,
The fruits of summer fade,
They have decisions, so do we
but please promise me, that sometimes
you will think of me...



Think of Me - David Archuleta

No comments: