April 19, 2007

.how do the gurls do it?.

There are many obvious beauties in the world.
(and yea, Im talkin about them women)

But there are also the ones that wont catch your eyes at the first glance.
Still... Some of them have incredible confidence.
An intangible quality that works wonders.

They know they're not drop-dead-gorgeous,
But that's the last thing on their minds when they're out there.
What I admire most is their ability to accept compliments.
You know...
Like when someone says, "You look beautiful."
They would say "Thank you" - with a smile.

What I wanna know is...
What is running through their minds at that time?

Cuz thats something Im really curious about.
Because (and Im not bragging)
When someone tells me I look... umm... good?...
It becomes so hard just to accept the nice words,
and say Thank You.

I end up saying, "nooolaa.." or "hahaa.. what thee..." instead.
Sigh.
Attractive. I know. :(

Then recently, I've learnt to say Thank You.
(an improvement! woo hoo!)
But being completely honest,
After I do say Thank You and accept the compliment with grace...
My mind doesnt play along.
Cuz eventhough I manage to "confidently" say Thank You,
My mind would be shouting out: "hahaa... funny."
Or worse, "yeaa ritee.."

Am I the only one who does this?

*yay! a new look for mua blog!*

No comments: