April 22, 2007

.sherlene & her guy friends.

If I could interview myself,
This is how it would sound -

How are things with Groovy?
- Well, we did break up.
But things doesnt seem to be that way.

Are you still in contact?
- Yea, not as much as when he just left,
But we're definitely still tight.

Any other guys in your life?
- Well, there are many guy friends,
who are truly just friends.
Ivan has always been one of the closest ones.

Describe the guys in your life at the moment.
- Lets see,
Ivan is a close friend. Nothing more.
Guys I spend lots of time with are the ones with girlfriends.
And the ones that didn't have girlfriends before are getting girlfriends!

Why do you spend so much time with unavailable men?
- Just for the record,
It is definitely not because I wanna steal them from their girls.
They just seem safer,
In a sense where I do not have to think about things going further.
I like having guy friends,
and its comforting to know that they're taken,
Therefore, I wouldnt have to think about commitments or the possibility of romance.

Is there anything you think you could have done a bit better?
- Perhaps in the midst of all the fun Im having,
I should do more things to make my intentions clearer.
And that is, "Its not going any further than this!"
and "This doesnt mean I LIKE you."

How physical are you with these guys?
- I am quite a physical person, I'll admit to that.
I love dancing, so naturally, that can be quite physical.
I like doing the whole "touching the arm & slapping the leg" thing when I talk.
Doesn't mean anything though.

Verbally?
- When Im in the mood,
I can be quite crazy with words and lines that I use.
(ask the guys on MSN)
I tease and I joke. Its normal.
"Affectionate terms" are used very casually too.
Although I completely mean it when I compliment them.
Nothing to fake there, cuz Im not trying to impress.

Should their girlfriends be worried?
- Not if their boyfriends really love them.
Cuz I can easily see myself as an excuse for guys to ditch their nasty girlfriends.
What I meant by that is,
If girlfriends get insecure about me and their guy,
and they throw a tantrum and make their boyfriend's life a living hell,
their boyfriends (if they already had intentions to dump) would easily use that as an excuse to say goodbye.
And I would indirectly be the reason. :(

Based on the above,
Dont you think you should back off?
- Yea. Probably should.
But sometimes,
when you're having lotsa fun,
It can be hard.

Who are the guys getting new girlfriends?
- Well,
Mouzam hooked up with a hot chick recently.
And I just learnt that Kelvin Chee has become unavailable.

Does this mean you'd flirt with them more now?
- With Kelvin, I think I would hold back a bit more,
cuz Im not sure what type of girl he's got.
As for Mouzam, we've always been playful,
and his girlfriend seems like a pretty cool person...
So Mouzam would still be fun to hang and flirt around with.

What do you look for in a "flirt buddy"?
- Sense of humour and outgoingness.
And a mind that knows this is all just for fun.
aaaand... we dont have to flirt all the time.
Cuz if we do it everyday, it gets boring.
Im human, so trust that you can talk normal things with me too.

With this lifestyle, do you think you would ever find a boyfriend?
- Im definitely not looking at the moment.
Kinda letting things go with the flow,
while I enjoy my single life to the max.
Besides,
I dont think Im ready for another relationship.

So how about Groovy?
- Well, me and him,
We're keeping things simple and semi-open.
He might move on if he meets someone right,
and I might do the same.
But I THINK at the moment,
We're still on the same page.
(ie: not really looking & just taking things easy)

So whats on your next agenda?
- Goin clubbing Tuesday night.
Andres will be there.
Marvin too.
And Ivan might go.
So I can safely assume there'll be lotsa dancing.
THAT, I love. :)
(above and beyond any guy)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, brutally honest, but I guess thats what makes it interesting, I smiled to myself the whole read thru. :D

D!

lennie... said...

lol becuz of this post, im probably gonna lose all my guy friends. except u of course... :)

i think i read too much cleo. (the magazine) It was by reading the interviews they had with the celebs that inspired this post. HAHA... - and its also an indirect way to tell my guy friend's girlfriends that im not trying to claw.

^^ Esther is cool though... So she's not targeted. :)