May 11, 2007

.dont push it.

# Music playing: Gabrielle - Out of Reach
# Feeling: Tired (physically and mentally)

I cant really explain how Im truly feeling at the moment.
(Its not a good feeling)
But it could partly be due to my mental exhaustion...
Havent been getting enough rest these few days.

So I was wondering...
Gender equality right?
And among many other things,
When it comes to the dating-world,
Guys take that to mean that in the "modern" world,
they dont always have to be the one pursuing the girls rite?

Well... As one of those "modern" girls myself,
I dont mind making first moves and going after the things I want,
But I'd have to admit that at a certain point,
After I have took the initiative to make the first few contacts,
I would hope the following few would be managed by him.
Thats fair right?

Gender equality, Yes.
Taking over everything guys should do, NO.

I've seen guys who goes out of their way to pursue a girl they like.
I've seen them pick up their phones, open their wallets and giving up their time with friends for those girls,
I've seen them push on and on despite having no response.
Then I've seen them feeling defeated after months of trying.

Im not saying guys deserve that role,
Or that all guys should be doing that to get their girl,
But NO WAY is "gender equality" gonna make girls (ANY GIRL!!) do the above just to get their guy!

Personally,
Being quite out-there myself,
Here's a list of what I can/would/will do... and thats it.
And there shouldn't be any exception.

#1 - I talk to him first, to get him to notice me.
#2 - If numbers are exchanged, I dont mind being 1st to text.
#3 - If texting goes well, I wouldn't mind calling first.
#4 - If the talk was good, thats when I decide the ball is in his court.

If after the talks,
(where he showed clear signs of interest)
He doesn't take the initiative to call or make contact first,
I'm not gonna do it.

I think thats fair enough right?
How much more does a guy expect a girl to do?

Cuz from how I see it,
If he doesn't act on whats already presented to him after all the girl has done,
He's just not that interested, rite?

YUP.
Gender equality or not,
This is where Im putting my foot down.

Besides,
Minor set backs like these are just part of the journey to self fulfillment.
And I dont care if I would have gotten more of what I wanted if I had pressed on.
I hate to think I would end up with a guy that needed so much convincing just to be with me.

...Cuz I know I deserve better than that. ^^

1 comment:

۞ D! ۞ said...

If theres interest things should come naturally, anything after that is effort, but that can be good thing too. Just my 2 cents.

D!