September 19, 2006

.are you eligible to donate blood?.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She can't give blood, can you?

I got this postcard a few months ago.
It lists a few requirements for blood doners.
Apparently u have to be able to say "No" for each requirement in order to enable you to donate.

The requirements stated on the postcards were:

. are you pregnant?
. have u recently given birth?
. do u have a serious heart condition?
. had a tattoo in the last 12 months?
. over 70?
. low in iron?
. weigh less than 45kgs?
. did u live in the uk for over 6 mths between 1980 and 1996?

----

I thought I was perfectly fine for the job,
But reading down the list,
I noticed one requirement that kinda "wow" me...
And just like that,
Im cut off the eligible blood donating group.
*sigh*

Guess which?

... ooH... and first let me say,
I WISH IT WAS BECUZ I WEIGH LESS THAN 45kgs!!
*lol*

But nwayz,
NO!! I'm not pregnant and I didnt get a tattoo!! (yet)
I actually failed the last requirement.

I was caught off guard...
Cuz I had in fact lived in the UK for 3 years,
And that was from 1987 to 1990.

*boo hoo*

Well...
Can you give blood?
One donation can help 3 lives!

Call 13 14 95 or visit http://donateblood.com.au.

For the complete list on your eligibility, visit:
http://www.donateblood.com.au/Donor/guide/eligible.asp

- by the way,
I just checked the site...
and apparently I PERMANENTLY cannot give blood in Aus.
*sobs*

But Good Luck to you!

No comments: