June 15, 2007

.so much for a happy ending.

Suddenly I had the urge to listen to
Avril Lavigne's My Happy Ending.
This song holds a lot of memories for me,
and has always worked as a reminder.


Everytime I listen to it,
It reminds me 'bout how easy it is to get hurt.
And how, as soon as you allow yourself to believe,
Thats is also when you're most prone to being let down.


I guess sometimes it better not to think at all.
Especially in the "dating game".
I think,
One day you could feel like he could be Mr Right,
and the next day,
He could just as easily walk out the door,
and you never see him again.
And all you're left with is probably thoughts like:


"Did I ever know him at all?"
"How did I allow myself to believe he could be the one?"
"Why did I let him so close, that he could hurt me?"


Love is about taking chances
,
so some may say.
Well...
Speak for those who has,
and got burnt,
and Never Recovered.

No comments: