August 31, 2007

.31st August; An Important Day.


Today marks the 50th Anniversary of Malaysia's Independence.
Im proud to be Malaysian.
WheeeHeee!!
Happy Birthday Malaysia!!

Sadly,
This day also marks the 10th Anniversary of the death of Princess Diana;
the people's princess,
with her boyfriend Dodi Al Fayed in Paris.


For no particular reason,
Her death saddens me.
I remember crying when I heard the news...
Unsure if its becuz she died, or becuz I felt sad for the royal family.
(her kids, especially)
I never really followed Diana and her charity work around the world,
But somehow,
She touched something inside of me.
In a weird way,
I feel close to her...
And thinking about her death now still kinda tears me up.
I think thats the gift she has.
Maybe its becuz she's the only real princess I got to know about.
And becuz of all she had done,
from her warm smiles to her undying passion to reach out to people,
She showed me what it really meant to be a princess.
To be someone people look up to and love,
who used her influence to touch others in such a wonderful way.
And what made her even more lovable is that she lives a life that is very real.
She falls in love,
She has relationship problems,
She has mother-in-law issues,
She's a mother of two beautiful sons,
She's a kind spirited individual who loved life and enjoyed bringing love into other's lives...
This may sound silly,
But I really do miss Diana.
She was a true Princess...
And she still is my Princess.

No comments: