March 24, 2008

.why the next one? why not me?.

Before Sunset (2004)

**
Céline: You know what? Reality and love are almost contradictory for me. It's funny...every single one of my ex’s...they're now married! Men go out with me, we break up, and then they get married! And later they call me to thank me for teaching them what love is, and… that I taught them to care and respect women!

Jesse: I think I'm one of those guys.

Céline: You know, I want to KILL them!! Why didn't they ask ME to marry them? I would have said "No", but at least they could have asked!! But it's my fault, I know it's my fault, because...I never felt it was the right man. Never! But what does it mean the right man? The love of your life? The concept is absurd; the idea that we can only be complete with another person is...EVIL!! RIGHT??!!

**


I remember listening to Celine saying that in the movie and thinking,
"Yea... That'd suck." (referring to the bolded bits)

I kinda learnt how that felt today in real life.
It's not official, but it sure as hell looks like its gonna turn out that way.

Here's a question though...
See how Celine said, "I would have said "No", but at least they could have asked!!"
Imagine if you would have said YES.

How'd that change how you feel when that happens?
When he chooses the person after you?
And gives the next person exactly what you wished for and dreamt of?
Gave them what you think you deserved?

I thought it was "First come first serve" in these instances?
You know how people say,
"If only I met you first, things would be different?"...

Since when does second place trump first?
Dammit.

ps: To those who knows why I posted this, I'm not saying I WANT to come first. In fact, I'm glad things are the way they are... I just can't help this thought from surfacing.

1 comment:

۞ D! ۞ said...

injustice!