Are there any basic requirements one should have before they get into a relationship?
One must be ready to spend in terms of,
- Phone calls, sms-es,
- Random Lets-Go-Out-and-Have-Fun days,
- Just-to-see-you-smile gifts,
- Random Surprise-gifts,
- His best friend's birthday,
- His mum's birthday...
- At least 10 minutes on the phone everyday,
- Big days where u spent the entire day together,
- Movies you wouldn't have watched if not for him,
- Cuddly weekends,
- Time in bed, *ehem*
- Hours on the phone when he (or you) have news, problems, gossip, hormones imbalance, or he misses u too much and wants to listen to your voice a little longer (and vice versa),
- To sit around your room, thinking up ideas on how to make him happy,
- To sit around your room, day dreaming about him,
- Spent in bed alone, imagining him with you,
- Listening to sappy love songs that make you think of him,
- To talk on the phone with friends ABOUT him,
- Spent crying when he says or does something that upsets you,
- Spending too much time together leaves you less time for uni,
which would stress you out. So there's stress.
- Making efforts to meet up and be together despite each other's busy schedulle,
that takes extra energy.
- Expecting him to say things, do things, respond in a particular way,
and he doesnt... that causes unecessary disappointments.
- He buys you something expensive and you feel the need to repay him,
you'd feel uneasy. (This links back to Money)
- He gets you a diamond necklace for your 1 month anniversary,
You bought him a t-shirt... You'd feel cheap.
- He's in the mood for some luvin'... but you're not,
He tells u he understands, lets out a sigh and goes to bed,
You'd feel sorry.
- He's in the mood for some luvin'... You're tired... But horny...
You end up making urself even more tired than you already were!
- You love him, Your parents hate him,
And that leaves you where?
- He was fine yesterday, but today he's acting weird,
Blowing hot and cold, You can't figure out what you did,
That makes you anxious.
aaaand etc etc etccc...
I know Im thinking too much,
But its undeniable that these REALLY the things that would happen once you're in a relationship.
I see all these happening around me all the time!
And thats enough to scare me shitless.
All I can think of is:
"I DONT HAVE ALL THAT."
I dont have the money,
I dont have the time,
And I dont have the emotional capacity.
At least not now.
So when will I be ready?
After all, life only gets harder...
Would that leave me single forever?
or is it true when people say,
"When You're In Love,
All these arent seen as problems anymore."