November 13, 2008

.*heart* to ms houston and ms carey.



been hooked on listening to the old stuff today. old stuff, meaning whitney and mariah. :) truly trulyyy the best singers of their time. watching them sing together gave me goosebumps. they're so different, yet both awesomeee in their own way...

***

You look in my eyes and I get emotional inside
I know it’s crazy, but you still can touch my heart
And after all this time you think that I wouldn’t feel the same
But time melts into nothing, and nothing's changed

I still believe
Someday you and me
Will find ourselves
In love again


I Still Believe - Mariah Carey


I'd give my all to have
Just one more night with you
I'd risk my life to feel
Your body next to mine
'Cause I can't go on
Living in the memory of our song
I'd give my all for your love tonight


My All - Mariah Carey


I'd given up hope
Losing the faith that love
Could be mine to treasure
And now nothing's the same
I found myself reborn
On the day I met you


Lead the Way - Mariah Carey

***

love the music back then. they're more straight forward, with lyrics that are more honest with "love". back then, i can imagine people writing these songs, honestly believing each word could be or is true. now... hmm. all we're left with are skeptics and cynics. sigh.

i'll leave u with a lesson i learnt from "exhale", a whitney houston movie i watched today -


'when you finally meet the right man, you will exhale.'

No comments: