July 20, 2008

.the "kiss me" days.

the "kiss me" days were the days where i was in a so-called 'band' called "the anonymous" back in secondary school. lol yes, u may laugh all you like, but i would still love to think we were cool back then. heHee...

well, what my 'band' did was join singing competitions (talentines) at school, and also those inter-school stuffs. we also performed at a social event once. (that was when platform shoes were still the "in" thing)


anyway, the songs i remember performing with them were -

x. kiss me - six pence non the ritcher
x. why - m2m
x. radio - the corrs


but the reason why kiss me stood out the most is cuz it was the first song we did together. as i recall, it was lazman, derek, aaron, max, me and cynthia. (i may be wrong) we had 2 vocals (cynthia and i), a lead guitarist (lazman), a rhythm guitarist (derek), a bassist (aaron) and a drummer (max).

we joined a competition called "Bakat Stella", hosted by the all girls school Stella Marris, and we auditioned with Kiss Me, which got us through. :)

by the way, the reason why i'm so unsure of who was in the band is becuz the members have changed alot. since then, i remember derek also playing the keyboard, and we had fendy on the guitar, and zul on the drums. soOo... yea. lol dont mind me. im getting old, and this was when we were only 15!

ANYWAY... what inspired me to dig out the past was when fendy, derek and cynthia decided to record a "kiss me" video on youtube. fendy sent me the link one night, and i wanted to cry becuz i wasnt home with them. heHhee...


thats when i realised, most of them are homee (mostly on holidays)... below is a recent pic, taken with a few of them while out "minum-ing".

see, from left, thats lester (our school's lead singer, who's now in a local band called 'Andalusia'), lazman (mentioned above, who is also in the same band as lester as the drummer for Andalusia), cynthia, fendy, aeron (hot stuff), derek, glynis (hot stuff) and garret (my primary school friend!). and i also know that my former bassist, aaron is home too!! so yea... that left me feeling quite left out!! *sobs*



so... what i did to make myself feel better was playing and posting this (in response to their video) :



LOL

yea... obviously the guitar playing is pretty off. but hey, thats cuz i never use to be the one playing the guitar when im singing this! - which would also explain why i quit after the first verse. :( haHaa... maybe when jason comes home, i'll get him to play the guitar for me and rerecord this. heHhee but anywayz, i miss home... and i miss them all!

p/s yes jason, that is bob. :P thanks!!

sobs.

No comments: